What is the best time of year to move to Dallas?
Moving Preparation - March 19, 2020
So if you’re wondering what is the best time of year to move to Dallas, you’re in the right place. In 2017, Dallas was the fastest growing city in the US. Approximately 300,000 US citizens packed up their bags and moved to the Big D in 2017. Besides that, Dallas also had the second-fastest growth rate of job growth just after Atlanta. The city is booming in every kind of way at the moment, so why not hire Dallas Fort Worth movers to smoothly relocate you to this exciting city? There are active downtown revitalization and an explosion of all types of cultural activities—microbreweries, film festivals, and more.
So even if you believe moving to Dallas could be a great decision for you, you probably still have lots of questions. What’ll it cost to move there, or to live there? What kind of jobs can you expect to find in Dallas? What are the top reasons why people move to Dallas? What is the best time of year to move to Dallas? Where to live? Read on to learn the questions to all these answers!
First of all, let’s look at some numbers!
Relocating to a new city is very exciting, but at the same time, it can be stressful. But today, you can forget all that stress. If you book us, you’ll have some of the best of long distance movers Texas explains to you about Dallas a bit as we answer all the above questions. So relax, and enjoy our guide to the best time of year to move to Dallas.
We extracted our numbers from a recent survey that based its questions around an online marketplace for home buyers and home sellers.
- According to the survey, 36 percent of DFW homeowners rated spring as the best time of year to move to Dallas, while 30 percent favored the summertime.
- At the same time, 14 percent believe any month is fine, but the minority of 5 percent say the beginning of the year is best. While the final 3 percent say the time of year doesn’t matter. So we can conclude that most homeowners in Dallas Fort Worth think that once spring is the best time to spring into action when it comes to moving.
The best time of year to move to Dallas: May and June
Meanwhile, May and June are the most popular months for home sales in DFW. Which falls in line with the survey results. Consequently, January is the least popular, according to Texas A&M University’s Real Estate Center.
- That time of year appears to be getting even more attractive for homebuyers and home sellers in North Texas. Or at least it was in the last few years, from 2017 till now.
- Last May, sales of single-family homes went up 15 percent compared with a year earlier. That’s according to MetroTex – an association that represents more than 18,000 realtors in North Texas.
- A December report from Owners.com, an online real estate broker company, said DFW as the fifth-best market in the U.S. for home sellers. Meanwhile, even Austin fell to No. 7.
The cost of living in Dallas and the best time of year to move to Dallas considering its job market
Dallas could be the most fun city in the world, but if you can’t really keep up with it financially, there is no point wondering what’s the best time of year to move to Dallas. If you shop around long enough, you will find a nice place you can afford. Read below for our examples of how much certain purchases would cost in Dallas.
- A tasty sit-down lunch: $14
- A meal at a fast-food joint: $7-$8
- A dozen eggs: $2.77
- Monthly rent for an apartment (expensive): $1,500
- Monthly rent for an apartment (moderate): $1,300
- Monthly utilities for one person: $100
- Dinner for two: $40
- Cocktail at a downtown bar/ club: $10
- Cappuccino: $5
As you can see from this short preview, a lot of the items seem to be pretty reasonable. The same goes for housing. Having said that, the cost of living in Dallas is roughly 1% above the national average. At the end of the day, Dallas is a popular city. And like any growing city, housing prices usually grow with the population. Now, if you are really considering what could be the best time of year to move to Dallas in your specific case, it depends on whether a job is waiting for you or not. You should be aware that the average salary is roughly $60,000 in DFW. Keep this in mind as you start to apply for jobs and proceed with your negotiation process. Which brings us to our next significant point: the Dallas job market.
What is the Dallas job market like?
According to recent data from the US job market research, Dallas is third in the U.S. for the highest salaries. It came third after some adjusting for the cost of living expenses. The main reason for this is the massive corporations that have placed their headquarters in or near Dallas, Texas. AMR Corporation, for example, also known as American Airlines, has its headquarters in neighboring Fort Worth and has 25,000 employees, from flight attendants to engineers. You might also be familiar with Southwest Airlines, AT&T, ExxonMobil, JCPenney, Kronos, and Fossil: all large companies that have chosen Dallas for their headquarters.
- Healthcare is also quite big in the Dallas area, so if you are wondering what could be the best time of year to move to Dallas, it is now. Especially if you work in the healthcare sector because both Texas Health Resources, Inc. and the Baylor Healthcare System make up a large share of the employment scene.
- Whether or not you are looking to start your own business, the career opportunities in Dallas are growing. Like we mentioned before, the best time of year to move to Dallas is now since just last year Dallas boasted the second-highest rate of job growth in the US. Eager entrepreneurs are building businesses that need employees, so good luck!