Tips for packing your kitchen pantry
Packing Tips - October 27, 2021
If you have ever moved before, you know that the kitchen is the hardest to relocate. So many fragile and breakable items and irregular shapes and sizes can make your move feel like hell. However, it doesn’t have to be that way! To avoid all stress, start packing your kitchen pantry early with our simple guide. Once you’re done with that, all you have to do is call the best movers North Texas and leave the rest to us.
Before packing everything from your kitchen pantry – sort!
We all have stuff that we don’t need or haven’t used in a while in our homes, and sometimes it’s tough to let go of them. But, you must keep in mind that you cannot pack everything. Residential movers Forth North will help you relocate everything you need, but before that, you must take out everything from the shelves and start the sorting process.
- Keep. Keep the items you use daily – plates, jars with spices that you often add to your dishes, cooking equipment, a tea box, etc.
- Recycle or use it as a gift. This can be the trickiest category. Think about if you really need that food processor which you haven’t used in two years. What about that Fine China set? Maybe your neighbors would love that as a gift.
- Throw away. This is the right time to get rid of any food that has expired. Check if you can make last-minute dishes with the food that is soon-to-expire and have a goodbye dinner at your old home.
What to do with the packing boxes?
You need to make sure that your items arrive in one piece, so how you pack them is very important. First of all, make sure your boxes are made out of solid cardboard and that they aren’t damaged in any way. After you’ve checked that, there are a few more simple steps, but, heads-up, you will need a lot of paper:
- Stack the bottom of each box with scrunched-up paper to have a solid yet soft base for your items.
- Wrap in packing paper each plate, glass, jar, etc.
- Never put items made out of glass should on the bottom of the box.
- Group and wrap together cutlery and utensils tightly. Also, don’t forget that all knives should be facing down!
Once you’re done packing your kitchen pantry items, full service movers Dallas will help you get started on your new journey.
Label all the packing boxes
It seems like an obvious step, but many people forget to do this. To unpack your new kitchen pantry quickly, it’s necessary to put labels on all of your packing boxes. This way, you will keep everything neat and organized and save a lot of time.
Pro-tip, if you have children and you don’t want them to bother you while you’re packing dangerous and breakable glass – let them do the labeling. It will be so much fun for them, and they will feel included in the moving process.