Time-saving relocation tips and tricks
Packing Tips - September 24, 2020
The exertion of relocating a house can be stressful and tedious. The journey of relocating household belongings from one location to another won’t be successful until you have our time-saving relocation tips and tricks. Additionally, opting for the best movers in Fort Worth may reduce the stress out of your move. However, you still have to involve yourself in the process fully. At the end of the day, that will simplify your relocation. Before you face any obstacle, read our tips and tricks to streamline your moving journey. So let’s get started!
1. Create your moving schedule
- Firstly, instead of waiting for the last moments to pack your precious treasures, you should start preparing well in advance. Make sure to set the timeframe for your move.
- Start planning your move at least a month before your final moving day. Begin by creating a customized moving checklist that includes arranging packing services Fort Worth TX, the change of address, and the things that need to be done throughout the process.
- Next, purchase all the packing materials, get rid of the items that are no longer useful, and start packing those belongings that are not used frequently. For instance, if you are relocating to Texas with family, make sure you prepare your move according to that.
- Finally, set up a week-by-week checklist to ensure you are on the right track. This way you will also avoid making any clutter. This will save you time and allow you to focus on the things that are more essential to you. Just make sure you set realistic goals for your upcoming move.
2. Get rid of useless items
- This is a great relocation trick. When you are moving to the new city, it is smart to have fewer items to reduce the weight (therefore, budget) and stress out of the move. You should get rid of all the stuff that you don’t want to take to the new house.
- So, first, make an ultimate moving checklist of things you don’t want to pack for a move and gather them up in one pile. Now, you can categorize them according to their purpose. Next, sell them or donate them – whatever you think is more appropriate.
- This is one of our most effective time-saving moving tips that also reduces the overall moving cost.
3. Time-saving relocation tips: Hire a certified moving company
Do you have experience in residential relocation? Have you ever moved your entire household from one place to another? If no, then don’t resist yourself from hiring reliable and certified long distance movers that can offer you top-rated packing and moving services within your moving budget.
Look for a company that can take care of your valuables throughout the relocation process. They also need to be reliable to deliver it to the final destination without any delay or damage. Pro tip: Always ask for a free non-binding quote before making any booking.
4. Time-saving relocation tips: Pack your possessions
Packing is one of those tasks that need particular attention and great expertise. If you are now packing for the first time, then the following time-saving relocation tips will make your job easier:
- Secure fragile/delicate items with bubble wrap and fill the space using crumpled newspaper inside the box.
- Wrap clothes that are still on hangers using a big trash bag to simplify unpacking. You can always use suitcases and laundry baskets as boxes.
- Disassemble your furniture and keep bolts and screws in a plastic bag. If you are using a storage facility, make sure you pack your furniture cautiously to avoid any damages.
- Label all the boxes, bags, and tape the labels to the furniture.
- Use top-quality packing paper and bubble wrap to protect your dishes and artwork from damages.
6. Prepare your electronic appliances like a time-saving pro
If you want to save your valuable time, make sure you prep your electronic appliances a day before your moving day. Read below for all the time-saving tricks and steps you can follow to prepare these expensive appliances for a safe arrival at your new home:
- Fridge: Make sure you remove all perishables and empty your fridge. Unplug and clean it thoroughly inside and out. Next, defrost the freezer and leave the door open for 24 hours to get rid of any residual moisture. Finally, after that is done, you can close the door and tape it properly.
- Washing machine: Disconnect the appliance and leave the door open for a day to get rid of moisture. Tape the input/output hoses to the unit and close the door shut. Finally, wrap it with a tape.
- Dishwasher: Switch off the power unit and unplug the hoses. Again, leave the door open and secure the internal racks. Don’t forget to shut the door with the tape, it will be safer while on the moving truck.
7. Time-saving relocation tips: Don’t forget your essentials
You shouldn’t pack your everyday essentials with your other possessions. Put all the items necessary to survive the moving day such as snacks, water, first aid box, essential documents, and toiletries in the same box.
8. Clean your house before moving out
Don’t forget to spruce up your house before you leave your current abode. In case you are running at the end of your tenancy contract, hire a professional cleaning company that can assist you with this step and ensures a 100 % bond back guarantee.
Contact the top movers in Forth Worth to relocate you!
So, pack your belongings and get ready for your safe and secure relocation with the help of these quick and easy time-saving tips. For quality services and a zero-damage move, contact us to take care of your belongings throughout the moving journey. Book us and have a smooth move to your new location!