The unpacking order – what to unpack first?
After the Relocation - November 6, 2019
You’ve probably heard lots of tips and tricks on how to prepare for moving. But what about hacks on what to unpack first the day after the move? This process is crucial for the process of settling in your new home. And if you look at the number of people who live out of boxes weeks after relocation, it seems that hiring the best packing services Fort Worth TX could be your best investment. Because our experienced movers can unpack your entire house quickly, you will have time to focus on more important projects.
Even though you have the option of hiring professional movers to do this for you, we’ve got some advice for you on what to unpack first. Read on to learn more about how to tackle this challenge effectively for maximum productivity. If you follow our tips and tricks, you can become fully at home in your new house soon after the moving day.
Unpack easily by using our effective system
When it comes to relocating to a new address, everyone’s habits and productivity are different. For some people, packing up is a horribly boring chore but unpacking at a new home provides them with a feeling of happiness. Settling fills them up with motivation and nesting urges. A lot of other people prefer the anticipation that packing brings, but they hate the tedious challenges of what to unpack first once the moving trucks have left the premises. Now that you are alone in your new home with furniture and boxes – what to do? Whichever camp you’re in, following our basic process can make unpacking a breeze.
Easy and efficient unpacking tips
- What you need to unpack first is unpack the essentials box. After that, you can take your time with the rest of the house.
- Plan the layout of each room before you focus on what to unpack first. That is the best way to avoid chaos.
- Anticipate challenges before they arise. Instead of procrastinating lining the cabinets, shelves or installing closet dividers, do it first, when it’s most convenient.
- Delegate unpacking assignments. Each member of the family should set up their own bedroom. It’s a great way for your kids to participate as well.
- Try to take a break after you have the main unpacking chores completed. If you can, invite everyone for a fun unpacking party that the whole family can enjoy.
Distribute your boxes strategically – it is a great way to figure out what to unpack first.
It can be tempting to just pile up your moving boxes in one spot in the hallway. Everyone always thinks they will just sort them out later. However, we have to emphasize how important it is to not procrastinate if you are trying to move in the new home effectively. Instead, we suggest you hire moving services Fort Worth and take the time we save you to sort out the boxes according to the rooms they belong in. Do it as soon as you unload them from the moving truck if you want to figure out what to unpack first.
- In order to sort the boxes effectively, each box should have a label for the room to which it belongs. Subsequently, should you become impatient and start quickly and randomly opening boxes, you can clearly see what it is you are unpacking.
- Also, in the ideal case, your packing process went according to usage or room category. Our experts at Evolution Moving DFW advise you to follow such a packing system. This system makes the process so easy, that all that’s left do is check the label on each box label so that you can start unboxing them in the correct room they correspond to.
What to unpack first? Start with the necessities
To make everything much easier while you unpack, you should get the essentials box (or luggage) first. Make sure you take this box or bag with you, and not load it on the moving truck. You will have the essential items with you so that you can relax and feel at home more quickly. These essentials usually consist of all the toiletries, important medications, some books, paper, notebook with key addresses and telephone numbers and also some basic kitchen accessories. That way you’ll be on your way to a quick set up. You can freshen up or rest using these items when you need a break. The whole unboxing process will be much quicker if your essentials bag is what you unpack first after moving in.
What to unpack first: The kitchen edition
If you want to move in effectively, here’s what to unpack first – the kitchen. And there is a way to unpack this area quickly, first, however, you’ll need to line the cabinets and shelves. Then you can start getting appliances and dishes and tools out and putting them away. If you’ve labeled the boxes religiously, you will be able to find the stuff you need fairly quickly. Go through the pots, pans, and dishes as fast as possible, it doesn’t have to be perfect from the get-go. Next, hook up the big appliances, like the fridge, if you want to eat. And finally, plug-in the small appliances that make your everyday life a little easier, like the coffee pot and toaster.
Last but not least – the bedrooms
Maybe instead of the kitchen, you would feel more comfortable setting up the bedroom first. But we really suggest you do it the other way around. Some people prefer doing the bedrooms right after moving in though. But if you ask us what to unpack first, do the kitchen, then set aside a single set of linens for each bed after you move in. Get your beds ready for the first night. You’ll thank us later when you hit the sheets after a long, exhausting day of unpacking.