How to stage your home without breaking the bank?
Moving Preparation - February 5, 2020
What is home staging? When it comes to getting top dollar for your home, sometimes staging it can make all the difference. It is a process that helps determine and then highlights a home’s best features. It is an art that ensures that your property appeals to as wide an audience as possible. The goal is to make a house stand out in both pictures and in viewings. That way the buyers will walk away wanting to live there. So before you start contacting moving companies Forth Worth, here are some questions and answers that might help you stage your home without breaking the bank.
How much does home staging cost?
Home staging can range in price. According to industry professionals, factors that influence the cost are:
- Square footage of the home
- Is it a vacant property and will it require rental of furniture and accessories?
- Or if it’s an occupied home and the home stager will be working with existing furniture and
The first step when looking to stage your home without breaking the bank is to go in for a consultation. It is when the stager will walk through your home with your agent you. This is the phase when the stager will compile notes and then write up a report with their recommendations.
Home staging starts at $200 and will ultimately depend on the house size. For the actual transformation of your home, prices of staging as well as packing services Forth Worth will vary widely. It is because every home is unique in size and condition. For example, an occupied apartment that requires no furniture rental or accessories would come up at about $1,000. On the other hand, a 1,200 square foot home with two bedrooms that requires furniture and accessories would be around $3,500.
Can you skip the middle man and successfully stage your own home?
If you want to stage your home without breaking the bank, you might find that it is often an overwhelming and difficult project. It is actually hard for anyone to be objective about their own space. However, we understand that hiring a professional to stage your home may not be in everyone’s budget. If your place is tidy, well-maintained, relatively small or new, there are definitely simple and cost-effective steps you can take to get your home in the best possible shape for buyers.
More cheap and easy ways to stage your home without breaking the bank:
When you want to make a big impact on a small budget, the most meaningful thing you can do is paint. A fresh layer of paint will convey a clean, updated, well-cared for home. You should go for a color that is neutral and paint the entire main floor in that color.
- Normally, sellers make the mistake of believing that their favorite colors are going to be the buyer’s favorites as well. But the truth of the matter is, you cannot go wrong with neutrals. You should aim to make your home be universally appealing. That will make it easy for people to walk into your home and imagine themselves living there. A neutral color palette will not get in the way of buyers visualizing their belongings in the space.
- If you aren’t sure what neutral color works with your decor, stage your home without breaking the bank by investing in a consultation with a home stager. A stager can provide you with amazing advice, as well as specific paint color suggestions. They also often have access to trade discounts.
Here are our top six tips to quickly stage your home without breaking the bank:
- Pack up family photos, miscellaneous items and any other household goods that you don’t need to have on display. This helps get a start on packing, too.
- Perform a deep clean of every room. Make sure appliances are glistening, bathrooms are sparkling and there is no dust in sight.
- Wipe down kitchen counters so only what you really need is visible. Or better yet, put all the knickknacks away and under the counter.
- Remember those prospective buyers will be opening closets and cupboards, so empty 50 percent of their contents. Pack up your off-season garments, as well as any items you won’t need before you relocate. Storage space is a very important selling point. So when someone opens your closet, you want them to see how much space is available.
- Steam clean all the carpets. When you have carpeting, making sure it’s clean and stain-free is crucial. Rent a steamer and do it yourself to save some money. Clean hardwood floors and tiles so they shine.
- Do a final sniff test. If you can smell pets, cooking odors, etc. even after a major cleaning, you should invest in an air purifier.
Professionals in the real estate industry all agree that the most important and helpful thing you can do when trying to sell a property is to stage it. Even movers have witnessed the amazing benefits of this service. While big renovations, entire house paint jobs, along with new appliances and furniture are all effective ways to bring in potential buyers, these changes can cost a lot more money than many people are willing to spend. However, contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to spend a fortune just to transform your home. When, really, little changes can make a big difference – if you know where to apply them. Then you can contact your Evolution Moving DFW professionals who will complete this process for you with impeccable relocation services! Call us and ensure yourself a smooth transition to your new dream home!