8 moving day obstacles and how to handle them
Moving Preparation - October 8, 2020
You’ve been creating a detailed moving timeline, you splurged for insurance, and you’ve done everything you can to get ready for moving day. Even with your best intentions, sometimes the inevitable occurs and an unexpected problem might suddenly complicate your moving day. It can be overwhelming, especially on such a monumental day, but don’t fret, the best movers in Fort Worth can get you through it! Keep reading for our tips on managing 8 moving day obstacles and how to handle them.
1. Major obstacles such as illness & injury
You’re preparing for your move, then all of a sudden you start sneezing, your temperature rises, and you get sick. Your temperature may be so high that you cannot assist with your move. Or you take a misstep and lift a box incorrectly while packing, and now you need moving services Fort Worth because you can’t carry anything because you threw out your back or worse, broke a bone. Whether you’ve got a simple cold or are stuck in a cast, illness, and injury are major moving day obstacles, so here’s how to handle them:
- If you’re incapacitated in any way, there are other options aside from rescheduling. First and foremost, the crucial tip here is to take care of yourself! Avoid making big decisions and don’t try to power through a serious obstacle like pneumonia or a broken foot.
- It doesn’t help anyone if you make your health issues worse. Remember, there’s nothing wrong with letting someone else take the lead. Or even rescheduling if it’s unavoidable! Instead, hire Evolution Moving DFW experts to handle the paperwork, and generally, coordinate the move professionally and reliably.
The easiest solution is to prevent getting sick in the first place:
- Stock up on paper tissues, throat lozenges, and any other pills and medication you might need.
- Visit the doctor for a diagnosis and prescription if necessary.
- Keep your surroundings clean and sterilized to prevent others from getting sick.
- Don’t stress your system – start packing early and in small steps so you don’t wear yourself out. Let our movers do the heavy lifting and don’t feel bad if you have to step away for a short nap.
- Get lots of rest and remember to drink enough water throughout the day.
Along the same lines, avoiding moving day obstacles such as injuries is fairly simple as long as you don’t rush – just remember to:
- Keep pathways in your home clear and eliminate tripping hazards.
- Keep pets in a safe place away from all the hustle and bustle where they won’t be underfoot or at risk of injury.
- Dress appropriately. Get some comfortable (preferably old) clothes. Don’t forget to wear work gloves and shoes with good traction and protection.
- Finally, it’s a good idea to keep a suitcase or a box of things you will need within the first 24 hours of moving. That way, if you’re unable to unpack for whatever reason, you will still have quick access to the essentials. And, when in doubt, remember you can just let the professionals handle things.
2. Don’t hire bad movers, hire professional movers
The moving day has come. But, there are some moving day obstacles in your way and you need to overcome them to finish everything on time. One of these moving day issues depends largely on choosing the right movers. Because there are a lot of reliable moving companies on the market, but there’s a certain percentage of those which are not good. And this is possibly the most dangerous challenge of a moving day. Therefore, to avoid any bad scenarios with scams and frauds, hire our reliable movers in Fort Worth. We are well-known professionals in the moving business. It doesn’t matter if you’re moving long-distance or even commercially, we have the know-how and the skills.
3. How to handle moving day obstacles such as inconvenient weather
When you have a relocation approaching, problems such as bad weather, thunderstorms, and snow can occur unexpectedly. We advise you to opt for moving at the beginning of a season or the end of it. It’s the best way to traffic jams and other problems in traffic. However, nothing can ruin planning a move like bad weather – you know how unpredictable it can be! Even if you check the forecast every day leading up to the move and everything seems wonderful – an unexpected storm can easily overshadow the day of your move. The best way to deal with moving day obstacles such as intense heat to avoid heatstroke, sunburns, dehydration, hyperthermia, and exhaustion, do the following:
- Drink a lot of water
- Wearing sunscreen is a must!
- Dress in light colors make sure you have lightweight clothing and layers
- Try to stay out of the sun, which is possible if you hire professionals to relocate your household or business
- Carry out any large and heavy pieces of furniture early in the day before the sun and temperature rise
- Keep temperature-sensitive items away from the heat. Use climate-controlled storage if necessary.
4. Issues and moving day obstacles concerning your new house
Unexpected moving day obstacles can pop up once you arrive at your new home as well. You shouldn’t panic, instead, contact us. Most of these issues have simple solutions and are easy to prepare for. Here are some we can offer you:
- Keep the contact information of your utility providers on hand in the event there’s an issue with your electricity or gas. Sometimes people forget to have it connected before the move. If you explain your situation to the provider, they usually make connecting your utilities a priority, but it isn’t always possible.
- In the unfortunate scenario that you have to go a few days without electricity or water, you need to have an emergency kit. Make sure your kit contains candles, flashlights, water, and nonperishable food items.
- Get the number of a local handyman or your landlord in case you need urgent repairs in your new home.